Let’s be clear: Review scores are not legally binding.
We provide our best educated (and sometimes not) thoughts. If we gave a positive score to something, this does not automatically mean you will feel the same way. If you were involved with creating the item we reviewed, positive or negative, reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will post and mock rude communication.
- Posts with reviews:
- Album: Maybe the highest per percentage of my review count would go to collecting my thoughts on collections of songs released by a band or musician.
- Book: I don’t read nearly as often as it may appear, and half of the time I’ll leave the book incomplete. Let’s fix that.
- Concert: I’ll write about concerts at times, but I should do this more consistently.
- Event: Usually an occurrence that happens yearly, monthly, or something-ly.
- Food/Restaurant: Jamming on the idea of doing this.
- Movie: I’ve written some movie reviews, but I haven’t really studied proper film criticism.
- Series: TV and anime series.
- Toy: There’s a whole group of people on YouTube that unbox and rate action figures.
- Videogame: Let’s see where this one goes.
- More to come.
This is Zombiepaper’s highly subjective rating scale.
Though it has no scientific or legal merit, it has been forged over years of reviewing albums, so at least it’s consistent.
Other reviewers will use different icons for clarity or forgo the scale.
- ☆☆☆☆☆ [0/5] I don’t give out one stars. If it’s around that bad, let’s not give a special star for effort. Maybe throw that effort into the item in question?
- ★★☆☆☆ [2/5] Two stars shows some effort but fails at any one of a number of key factors. These are usually rare because I try to avoid bad things.
- ★★★☆☆ [3/5] A happy medium. This item is enjoyable enough and but ultimately not substantial enough to be memorable. My default rating for things.
- ★★★★☆ [4/5] Exceeds expectation. A special item that may be the best in class for its pedigree, or otherwise, “the high-water mark.”
- ★★★★★ [5/5] Life-affirming.
- ★★★★★★ [6/5] Life-changing.
- N/A: If I can’t decide on a rating, mainly because I didn’t feel strongly enough toward it to form an opinion that would give me enough of an argument to stand behind.
Zombiepaper: Would it be weird to rate a yard sale?
Zombiepaper: “The visual presentation was nice and the budget was affordable, and yet, I wish there would have been more content.”
Collector: All too common issue.