“Find inspiration in your work” because there are plethoric excuses for skipping exercise and most have validity. Fitness is perhaps the truest forms of work ethic. You can’t accidentally become fit. You can be born into money; you can’t be born into fitness. Earning wellness daily includes continual inspiration. When I see muscles develop, notice my increased agility, or when others ask me for fitness advice, that’s my inspiration to keep finding time to exercise!
- My Weekly Stats:
- Wednesday Morning: 50 solid rows. Lately I’ve been crouching at the catch, both closer and longer than normal, which is helping my stretches.
- Wednesday Bonus: 50 excellent rows. I found some old photos and I’ve made quite the improvement. More to go, but good form beats fast any day.
- Wednesday Evening: 50 solid rows. Feeling better each week I row consistently. My body has adapted. I’m really becoming pleased with the results.
- Thursday Morning: 50 rows. Worked my mind to exhaustion writing, then body, now it’s time to start the day. Move toward your goals constantly.
- Thursday Bonus: time 5min. 79 rows at a 1:43/500m pace. 47 calories. 29SPM [strokes per minute]. Max resistance. Paused at 45 and 79, where I was too tired to go.
- Thursday Evening: 50 solid rows. Have I mentioned how much better I’ve been feeling lately? I comfortably tightened my belt loop… been years.
- Friday Morning: 51 rows at a 2:16/500m pace. 32SPM; 9 calories burned; no extra resistance. Watching my form in a mirror changes everything!
- Friday Afternoon: time 5min. 94 rows at a 1:53/500m pace. 56 calories. 27SPM. Max resistance. Paused at 37, stopped at 41 but picked myself up.
- Saturday Morning: I expressed so much frustration that my rowing machine shook with my first 25 of 50 rows. That’s all purged. Feeling better.
- Saturday Evening: 50 rows. This was a more controlled expression of energy. Still stressed out, but relaxing toward that normal, calm mindset.
- Sunday Afternoon: 50 light rows. Feeling good, a little tired and sluggish, so I didn’t put my best effort in, but better than skipping a set.
- Sunday Evening: 50 light rows. Sluggish today. My form was good and I try to hit all the right points, even if they’re not as fast or proper.
- Monday Morning: 50 decent rows. Didn’t sleep much, walked a mile, under-caffeinated, and apathy about certain things: I’m warmed up, anyways.
- Monday Afternoon: 50 max resistance rows. Probably could have went 5 minutes… sometimes it’s better to have done 50 than to have overdone it.
- Tuesday Afternoon: 50 light rows. Getting in exercise always helps me feel better, if only to help me think less internally and more externally.
- Tuesday Evening: 50 decent rows. Sometimes I go row without thinking much of internal demotivators, then I forget to check in to say I rowed.
- Vitamins: 8 of 14 [oops]
- Weight: 246 pounds [246.2 before drinking water, 248 after]
- Last Week’s Goals:
- Dental: I still need to floss more
- Diet: I’ve been eating better overall
- Stretching: haven’t been stretching that much
- This Week’s Goals:
- Routines: dental, vitamins
- Read: even just a sentence daily
- Stretch: even if I’m not stiff
- From Good to Better
- Being asked for general fitness advice is always more of a compliment than “you look good!” It feels good when I can help out others. Maybe that’s seen as arrogant?
- For years, it’d be more of a pain to do things. Now, I don’t mind taking multiple trips up a flight of stairs to organize, or in general moving around more.
- I’m going to be getting rid of my old, bigger shirts.
- Sober Living
- Saturday was rough. “You were in a bad mood.” In a way, all it takes for any of us to slip is encountering rough situations. I tried my best to disengage that stress.
- Fortunately, I didn’t slip up, and Sunday was much better. I had to confront some stress head on, but I didn’t let it bother me, and it turned out well.
- I should block out de-stressing downtime time on my calendar. I try somewhat, but I’ve been terrible at this for even watching series or playing videogames.
- Photo: This was my 24th Rowing Machine column entry. I’ve changed, and the column itself has changed, since March 28 so I photographed Colossus along with half of my clock collection to represent time and such. I should also clean my clocks.