#rowingmachine 50 rows. I’ll let you in on a little secret. I’ve actually been doing 51 rows lately! Not 50! This innocent deception is just to confirm I hit 50 rows. Especially when I occasionally exert myself well past my physical and mental limits, where each of the last 10 rows feels like I’m climbing up and down Mount Everest, I’m spent by the time I reach 50. Also, I go with 50, not yet 200, because it’s a reasonable amount any day.
- My Weekly Stats:
- Wednesday Morning: 50 cleansing rows. OK, just kidding. I was doing laundry, but rowing feels so natural again, it’s like I’m cleaning off junk.
- Wednesday Bonus: time 5min. 131 dedicated rows at a 2:01/500m pace. 25 SPM [strokes per minute]. 77 calories. Max resistance. Slowed down at 95. Neck itched, too.
- Wednesday Evening: 50 full rows. Full day of writing, work, and the endurance of being able to pull that off was thanks to each pull of the bar.
- Thursday Morning: Didn’t feel like doing 50 rows, so I did 100. No groveling. Just do what you need to do or you create more work for yourself.
- Friday Morning: 50 sluggish rows. Skipped last night’s row[s], slept in, and not feeling 100%. The rows, form, and muscles felt good, though.
- Friday Bonus: time 5min. 117 jagged rows at a 2:01/500m pace. 68 calories. 21SPM. Max resistance. Got out all my negative energy. Calm now. Addendum: first time both of my ankles ached while rowing. At least in this iteration. It was an interesting sensation.
- Friday Evening: 50 exhausting rows. Wrapped up rowing then went to bed. I think i rowed an additional 10 “to make sure” and it was also fun.
- Saturday Morning: 50 rows to get me out of this heat oppressed sloth funk. Mostly worked although I’d still rather sit around, write, and veg.
- Sunday Morning: 50 good rows. Also too lethargic yesterday. Shouldn’t be. I am more motivated than the me of 6 months ago? So there’s that.
- Sunday Afternoon 1: 50 rows to burn off lunch. Didn’t too much. Had some unagi, so it was good, just like rowing. Solid form and pace throughout.
- Sunday Afternoon 2: 50 additional rows. Was feeling down yesterday and this morning. The unagi could have helped or the vitamin D or the rowing.
- Monday Morning: 50 rows with the mindset: “if you don’t give it your all, then why practice at all?” The result far exceeded my expectations.
- Monday Bonus: time 5min. 134 rows at a nearly breathless 1:59/500m pace. 78 calories burned, 24SPM, 1288 meters at max resistance. Tired…
- Monday Evening: 50 frustrated rows. My back hurt today, I wasn’t feeling great, yet managed to pull through well enough for some great rows.
- Tuesday Morning: 50 good rows. Didn’t wake me up as much as writing did, so maybe I didn’t put in enough effort? At least I’m not exhausted…
- Tuesday Bonus: time 5min. 140 redemptive rows at a 1:54/500m pace. 32SPM. 82 calories. Max resistance. Sometimes a friendly “hello” is: all
Note: My rowing machine trick to rowing fast is breathing fast. I think of “Battle Against Clown” by Geinoh Yamashirogumi (from the Akira soundtrack) and go all in.
- Tuesday Evening: 50 all-time strength rows. Besides creeping up my rowing machine slightly, each row was like climbing up and down a mountain.
- Vitamins: 6 of 14
- Weight: 250 pounds
- Last Week’s Goals:
- Vitamins: wasn’t as consistent
- Rest: got more sleep
- Exercise: did more stuff
- This Week’s Goals:
- Vitamins: Vitamin D helps
- Weight: Don’t overeat, probably
- Exercise: do more stuff
- From Good to Better
- Wasn’t feeling physically that great this week, but my rowing’s been at the best it’s been in years.