Fitness is not just for weight loss. It’s for health, overcoming stressful situations, wellness, and the general sense of being able to do what you need to do! When I don’t exercise, or when I’m in what I call “fat mode,” I can barely do anything. When I’m in “fit mode,” I can take on the world! I have more endurance both physically and mentally to push-up against things that might otherwise take me down.
- My Weekly Stats:
- Wednesday Morning: Rowed and didn’t tweet out my thoughts. Rowing is starting to become more of an ingrained habit rather than an obligatory check-in.
- Wednesday Bonus: time 5min. 141 vigorous rows at a 2:02/500m pace. 29SPM. 78[+8] calories burned. 1-60, solid rows. 70 and 110 had pauses.
- Wednesday Evening: 50 amazing rows, like when the training wheels of maximum weight resistance are lifted and you’re in the best shape in years.
- Thursday Morning: 50 light rows except for the last 10 when I went all the way. Felt so much better than taking shortcuts. Quality always wins.
- Thursday Bonus: time 5min minus about a minute. Row 1 to 27, solid. 28 to 85, decent. 86 to 95, OK. 32 resistance and 49 calories burned.
- Thursday Evening: 50 solid rows. Said no to pizza again today. No temptation to grab a donut. Still eating cheap ramen so I’m not a health nut.
- Friday Morning: 50 good rows. Could’ve more thoroughly worked my leg muscles. Sometimes it’s OK just giving it your “good enough,” not best.
- Friday Bonus: 32 rows at a 2:23/500m pace before my knee hurt fiercely. Gave up. We were just talking about not stretching today. I didn’t.
- Saturday Morning: 50 decent rows. Leg was hurting fiercely, so I took yesterday evening off, slept in until 4AM. Feeling good. Leg is normal.
- (Accidentally skipped through Monday morning.)
- Monday Morning: 50 solid rows. Got home past exhaustion last night. At least I’m feeling well this morning. Slept in, still got in writing.
- Monday Bonus: time 5min. 136 rows at a solid 2:07/500m pace with 32 resistance. 25 SPM. 73 calories burned. No difficulties at any point.
- Monday Evening: 50 good rows, minus pauses at 16 and 35. After wrapping up, I was almost too fatigued to walk up the stairs, which felt good.
- Tuesday Morning: 50 thorough rows. Had some additional time to practice going further in with my form’s catches and releases. Great warm-up.
- Tuesday Bonus: time 5min. 136 solid rows at a 2:05/500m pace. 32 resistance. 75 calories burned. 27SPM. Paused briefly at around 63 and 120.
- Tuesday Evening: 28 of the fastest rows, full catch to full release, I’ve recently done and were it not for general fatigue, could’ve been 50.
- Vitamins: 10 of 14
- Weight: 250.8 pounds
- Last Week’s Goals:
- Vitamins: not as consistent
- Weekend Rows: oops, forgot
- Rest: probably isn’t possible
- This Week’s Goals:
- Vitamins: alternate consistency routes?
- Rest: get more sleep
- Consistency: Row twice daily
- From Good to Better
- I’m excited being close to the 250 pound mark!
- I haven’t been burning off as much weight as I once was able to do, though it’s a good pace for my relentless work and sleep schedule.
- Oatmeal is now my food of choice for quick snacks.