I’ve noticed an increase over the recent years in the number of times I’ve been sick. It’s never an incapacitation as much as general realizations that I’m just not at peak performance. When I’m well, I have fast reflexes, write frequently, and overall life is good. When I’m not, my reflexes are terrible, I don’t write, and I’m cantankerous. Identifying the root cause could fix it next time… I haven’t figured it out this time.
- My Weekly Stats:
- Wednesday Morning: 50 light rows. This is becoming a good way to wake up and assess the mess. Just gotta get back into rowing earlier each day.
- Wednesday Bonus: time 5min. 1-114 rows at a consistent 2:32/500m pace. 22spm. Resistance: 32. Burned 62 calories. Could go more. Might soon.
- Wednesday Evening: 50 good rows. Many of the behavioral issues in life aren’t over the event itself, more, your interpretation. Exercise helps.
- Got sick…
I don’t think I wore myself out too much. I’m not sure what happened. Seems like whatever ailment is still affecting me struck after Wednesday evening’s row. Allergies? Stress? Flu?
- Friday Morning: 50 light rows. Took yesterday off. Nose is still running, general fatigue, and so I just did some light impact warm-up rows.
- Took some time off from rowing.
Skipped the bonus Friday row, got home late, and minus Saturday’s post, I completely focused on resting. I don’t like feeling sick. It’s unproductive!
- Sunday Evening: time 5min. 1-69 rows were solid, almost back up to normal. Sneezed four times. Lightly pushed to 99 rows before the buzzer.
- Monday Morning: 50 quick rows. 1-30ish felt good, then slowed through 50. Feeling better, but still a runny nose and not back to normal yet.
- Monday Evening: time 5min. 126 rows at a good 2:18/500m pace. Felt left knee pangs at 30~ and 60~. 69 calories burned. 32 resistance. 21 SPM.
- Monday Night: Super tired. Wrapped up the Tengger Cavalry review instead of rowing.
- Tuesday Afternoon: 50 light, stretching rows. Maybe I’m allergic to something outside or near my rowing machine? At least I gave it a good go.
- Tuesday Bonus: time 5min. 1-163 rows at a solid pace. Some soreness around 47 rows in. At around 100, I thought about going for 10 minutes.
- Tuesday Evening: 50 stretching rows. Was going to row an additional 5 minutes after that, but my right knee started hurting, so no to that.
- Vitamins: 6 of 14
- Weight: 250.4 pounds without food or water, 252 without fasting
- Last Week’s Goals:
- Health: got sick
- Wellness: overcame stress
- Weight: good
- This Week’s Goals:
- Vitamins: better
- Consistency: better
- Rest: better
- From Good to Better
- Gave my first rowing lesson this week. We determined that rowing wouldn’t be the best route to go. Rowing is something everyone can do and yet it’s not for everyone.
- Books: Gray’s Anatomy and a first aid book. In Colossus’s right hand is a multivitamin [proactive], with blue cold medication [reactive] in the other. Symbolically, it’s deciding your healthcare focus.
- The two “math problem” (33+28+24+24+27 and 66+49+78+76+50) posts were titled after the calories I’d burned those weeks on a new rowing machine. The first had 0 resistance and the other had maximum resistance.