I returned to fitness because my ambitions were being hindered by accidental obesity. Recovering the physicality of performing tasks that aren’t extremely difficult is one goal. That statement is broad enough to celebrate any smaller victory. Saturday at Tool, I was able to move between photogenic vantage points without being exhausted. Sure, that’s not much compared to athletes or what was once considered healthy. You’ve just got to remain positive. It’s so easy to regress!
- My Weekly Stats:
- Wednesday Morning: 50 light rows, not much time for stretching. Slept in this morning. I’m still not feeling too well. Fatigued and stressed.
- Wednesday Bonus: time 5min. 1-161 rows at a steady pace with pauses at 91, 102, and 141ish. 28 calories burned. 33 spm. 2:24 for 500m. 1069m.
- Wednesday Evening: time 5min. 1-80 rows were the best this week. Stopped. 81-119, good. Harder stop. Had to catch my breath. Still feeling sick.
- Thursday Morning: 50 light rows. Had to rush but just noticed that my neck was really stiff, so that’ll be a good focus point for today.
- Thursday Bonus: time 5min. 1-43, good. Pause. 44-66, better. Hard stop. 67-107, decent. Tired, headache. 19 calories, 24 strokes per minute.
- Thursday Evening: 50 light rows. Neck pain turned into a severe stress headache [mindbending] for a few hours. Mostly over it. Write then rest.
- Friday Morning: 50 increasingly stronger rows this morning. Was short for time so didn’t tweet.. Ended up arriving plenty early. Sleep helps.
- No Bonus
- Friday Evening: 60 light rows before my right knee ached in a particular way that it’s best not to push. (Stood all day.) Better than zero.
- Saturday Morning: time 5min. 1-61 were great rows. Then that loss of concentration, fatigue, that stops you completely. 62-71 light. Exhausted.
- “Saturday Evening”: time 5min. 62 moderate rows before my right knee started hurting. I did drive over 7 hours today to see Tool. [Rating: 4/5]
- Sunday Morning: time 5min. 1-41 were solid rows. Caught my breath at 42. Continued through until 65 and couldn’t go on. Stretched for a bit.
- Sunday Evening: time 5min. 1-51, solid. All the food I ate this evening started rumbling. 52-61, lighter. Had to quit early. Food =/= energy.
- Monday Morning: quick 50 rows. First 40 were light and the last 10 being fast with mild impact, just to get the body warmed up this morning.
- Monday Bonus: time 5min. 1-51, solid. 52-83, good. 84-108, limping. Resistance: 16. 36 calories burned. 57 strokes per minute. 2:26/500m.
- Monday Evening: quick 50 rows. 1-26 rows, solid. Stopped, exhausted. 27-32, good. 33-50, gave it my best. Tengger Cavalry concert: 5-stars!!
- Tuesday Morning: 50 light rows. Had to go quick. Made it with barely any time to spare. Low impact rowing in the morning is turning out well.
- Tuesday Bonus: forgot to time. 1-24 rows, almost normal. Slowed down until 61 rows. Resistance: 32 of 32. Strokes per minute: 17. 2:12/500m.
- Tuesday Evening: time 5min. 1-70, best rows this week. 71-92, still at a good pace. 93-111, good, but slower. Tired from three hours of sleep.
- Vitamins: 8 of 14
- Weight: 252.8 pounds
- Last Week’s Goals:
- Vitamins: good
- Not skipping: better!
- Weight loss: better!
- This Week’s Goals:
- Vitamins: better?
- Consistency: better?
- Stretches: better?
- From Good to Better
- “I haven’t had pizza since… Mother’s Day.” “What?!”
- Overeating gives me terrible indigestion.