You must work toward anything you want to achieve in life. Every motivational person says it their way because it’s all the same. The ones that burn out typically went too quick, didn’t fully anticipate the amount of grinding away at life it takes to get that better life, or maybe wanted easy results. Rowing is fun for me. It’s also grueling. I’ve already seen drastic improvements since March and I know there’s even more.
- My Weekly Stats:
- Wednesday Morning: 50 warm-up rows. Right knee is still aching. Passed on a 5 minute set. Will stretch more. At least I’m less achy than before.
- Wednesday Bonus: time 5min. Was gonna go for 10 min, but my back hurt at 89-91 rows in. 123 rows total. 60 calories burned. 25 SPM. 2:35/500m.
- Wednesday Evening: 50 fast rows to get my heart rate up, let out stress, and sweat more than normal since I keep a steady pace with longer sets.
- Thursday Morning: 50 fast rows. Feeling anxious this morning. Rowing didn’t help. At least I wasn’t sore this morning. Back and knees are good.
- Thursday Bonus: time 5min. 122 good, sweaty rows at a 2:45/500m pace with 32 resistance. SPM calculation messed up; always time it yourself. Addendum: 58 calories for the 5 minutes plus 7 for the 50 row warm-up.
- Thursday Evening: no warm-down row?
- Friday Morning: 35 vigorous rows followed after a slight pang in the 36th (chamber) row by a total of 50 good rows. Form wasn’t the greatest.
- Friday Bonus: time 5min. 121 rows at a solid 2:34/500m pace. 32 resistance. 61 calories. 28 SPM. Some minor aches followed by euphoria.
- Friday Evening: 50 of the best rows this month. Year, even? Frustrations built up and released on the rowing machine are better than…
- Saturday Morning: 50 good rows. Warm, busy day ahead. Good to give most of the major muscles a quick stretch. On to tackle the day!
- Sunday Afternoon: 50 good rows at a great pace. Missed last night and this morning because I’m still tired from the
- Monday Morning: 50 good rows. Haven’t been feeling well, but at least my health bar, per se, is in the yellow rather than red or dead.
- Monday Bonus: time 5min. 136 excellent rows at a 2:13/500m pace. 32 resistance. 74 calories burned. 20SPM. Plus my 50 row, 7calorie warmup.
- Monday Evening: 50 solid rows. Conversation about progressing: “My warm-up now used to be my full workout.” Accidental Crossfit reference.
- Tuesday Morning: 50 weak rows, honestly. In a hurry so I went with the quickest rows I could do: moving my arms back and forth quickly. Tried.
- Tuesday Bonus: 50 hardcore rows at a 1:46 minute pace for 500 meters with 32 resistance. 29 calories burned. 22SPM. I’m 85% wiped out now.
- Tuesday Evening: 50 excellent rows. Doesn’t it feel great when your body just works? Just going all in and winning against minor challenges.
- Vitamins: 9 of 14
- Weight: 251.2 pounds
- Last Week’s Goals:
- Vitamins: alright
- Consistency: better
- Rest: worse
- This Week’s Goals:
- Vitamins: better
- Row during the weekends
- Rest: Is it possible?
To explain the title, I burned 29 calories in 50 rows, or 0.58 calories per row.
Previously, 0.54 calories per row. This is with maximum resistance applied.